Product Development Scientist
Cello Therapeutics, Inc. is a rapidly growing biotech company located in the Sorrento Valley—one of the major biotech hubs in the nation. Cello focuses on the development of novel nanotherapeutics based on biomimetic cell and platelet membrane-coated nanoparticles for cancer treatment. Our pipeline includes a few products at the preclinical stage with one product soon to enter the clinical trials. Cello offers a highly motivational, diverse, and rewarding working environment with attractive salary and benefits.
- Capable of performing laboratory activities ranging from pre-formulation, formulation, process characterization, analytical testing, technology transfer and scale-up in an effective, and safe manner.
- Research, prototype, implement and scale up processes and chemistries for encapsulating varieties of drugs into nanoparticles.
- Supports qualification/validation & testing to support preclinical development and clinical development programs.
- Assist in development of manufacturing methods, processes work instructions, and SOPs for the production of biomimetic nanoparticle product lines.
- Determine requirements for equipment, tooling, materials, and methods of manufacturing, along with the ability to make continuous improvements to existing pipelines.
- Assist in preparation of technology transfer package and technology transfer.
- Assist in evaluating suppliers for raw materials, contract testing laboratories, and contract manufacturing organization.
- Regularly report work status and prepare written reports on work performed.
- Cooperatively working with personnel in other departments/collaborators: Formulation and Process Development, Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs, and collaborating partners.
- Master’s or higher in engineering, science or in a related scientific discipline with 2+ years of practical industry experience in drug delivery, formulation and/or process development (Post-doc with over 2 years’ experience will be considered).
- Familiar with techniques and principles in polymer based and/or liposomal based nanoparticle drug delivery systems.
- Hands-on experience with nano or micro-particle synthesis, purification small molecule/peptide/protein drug encapsulation, ability to prototype & troubleshoot, product, and process problems is required.
- Strong knowledge on nanoparticle characterization methods such as DLS, HPLC is required
- Knowledge on GMP process is desired.
- Experience with in-vitro, in-vivo pharmacology and/or cell culture is a plus.
- Self-motivated creative problem solver and can deal with ambiguity and declare a path forward to achieve results.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with experience in writing reports.
Successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Cello Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.