Product Development Scientist/Sr. Scientist
Cello Therapeutics, Inc. is a rapidly growing biotech company located in San Diego (Sorrento Valley)—one of the major biotech hubs in the nation. Cello focuses on the development of novel nanotherapeutics based on biomimetic cell membrane-coated nanoparticles for cancer treatment. Our pipeline includes a range of products at the preclinical stage and one product soon to enter the clinical trials. Cello offers a highly motivational, diverse, and rewarding working environment with attractive salary and benefits.
In this role you will be driving the development and scale up of nanoparticle-based drug delivery systems focusing on (but not limited to) mRNA delivery. Responsibilities include:
- Capable of designing, leading and execution of laboratory experiments ranging from pre-formulation, formulation, process characterization, analytical testing, and scale-up of mRNA nanoparticle-based products in an effective, and safe manner.
- Research, prototype, test, implement and scale up products and processes for encapsulating mRNA into nanoparticles.
- Support in-vitro and in-vivo studies.
- Assist in development of manufacturing methods, processes, work instructions, and SOPs for the production of mRNA/nanoparticle-based products.
- Determine requirements for equipment, tooling, materials, and methods of manufacturing of mRNA nanoparticle products.
- Assist in evaluating suppliers for raw materials, contract testing laboratories, and contract manufacturing organization.
- Regularly report work status and prepare written reports on work performed.
- Cooperatively working with personnel in other departments/collaborators: Formulation and Process Development, Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs, and collaborating partners.
- Ph.D. in engineering, science or a related scientific discipline with 1+ years of practical industry experience in mRNA-based drug delivery systems (post-doc with over 2 years’ experience will be considered).
- Expert level proficiency in techniques and principles of mRNA liposomal based nanoparticle drug delivery systems.
- Hands-on experience with purification, filtration, and scale-up.
- Strong knowledge on nanoparticle characterization methods such as DLS, HPLC is required.
- Experience with cell culture and transfection is highly desired.
- Knowledge of GMP processes is desired.
- Experience with in-vivo pharmacology is a plus.
- Experience with polymer-based nanoparticles is a plus.
- Self-motivated creative problem solver and can deal with ambiguity and declare a path forward to achieve results.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with experience in writing reports.
Successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Cello Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.